My first attempt at putting fur of Rooter...not sure if I'm in love with it yet...i was impatient and skipped ahead to this fur test without finishing the rest of the paint and texture pass on the model....as a result, this test is really flat looking...but in terms of what I can do with the fur...it has promise but needs some work.
I did confirm that the fur will deform with the rig, and even looks pretty nice...so thats good news.

OMG I love him! Question: Is he going to blend in too much with the dark forest? Should we try to make him a bit lighter for contrast?
ReplyDeleteWe can make sure he stands out from the background with a dedicated light setup. Beauty of 3D is that I can tell lights which things I want them to actually light up, so Rooter can have lights all to his own in the scene.
ReplyDeleteAlso, we can play with the brightness and saturation levels of his materials on the fly (and even keyframe them), so we have alot of control over how he pops from the background.